25 Unique Places to Stay in the World
Updated: Jun 17, 2020
If you are anything like me, you are always looking for cool places to stay when you travel.
I have extensively researched 25 places in the world that are unique and where I am planning to eventually check off my list of places to go, not just for the adventure, but also to explore what inspired such designs. The following list is not in any particular order.
1. Wadi Rum Night Luxury Camp, Jordan
2. Hideout, Bali.
3. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Finland.
4. Mithra Cave Hotel, Turkey.
5. Hostal de la Luz, Tepoztlan, Mexico.
6. Buubble, Iceland.
7. Hobbitenango, Guatemala.
The shire in Gautemala! This is the best video I found on YouTube to share and the most recent. Also Chapin Viajero shares this video of his second time around at Hobbitenango and says that it's even better the second time and that there are a few new things compared to his first time there one year prior.
8. The Arctic Bath, Laplands, Sweden.
9. Collective Retreat Governor's Island, New York City.
10. The Rockhouse Retreat, Low Habberley - Worcestershire, UK.
11. Bawah Reserve, Indonesia.
12.SiloStay, New Zealand.
13. Hotel Whitepod, Switzerland.
14. The Skylodge Adventure Suites, Cuzco Sacred Valley, Peru.
15. Apple Camping, Pembrokeshire, UK
16. Yab Yum Resort at Ashwem Beach, Goa, India.
17. La Plagne - Paradiski - Over the Moon Accomodation, Bellecote La Plagne, France.
This accomodation is for max 2 persons only so perfect for couples. From Bellecôte, you're driven in the snow groomer to the top of the Arpette. After you’ve been shown around, you're left alone in the cosy nest. The luxury suite is equipped with a queen-sized bed, heating, music, home cinema, led lighting, coffee-maker and breakfast. To complete the magic of the experience, you have the use of a private bathroom fitted with a jacuzzi bath with a view of Mont Blanc, and so much more.
They pick you back up at 7:30am the next day before the slopes open.
18. Kaafila Camps, India
A caravaning luxury camp program that provides tours to Laddakh, Chanderi, Deogarh, and Kalinjar. Every day camp is set up in a different location while you get shown off the beaten treasure of India.
19. Amangiri - Camp Sarika, Canyon Point, Utah, USA.
Feel like you're on a set of the timeless saga "Star Wars."
20. Canopy Tower, Soberania, Panama.
Originally built in 1965, the Canopy Tower once helped defend the Panamá Canal. Today, it serves as a stunning observation point and as restful accommodation in the heart of Soberanía National Park, surrounded by some of the very best birdwatching spots in the area.
21. Hotel Aire de Bardenas, Spain.
22. The Manta Resort - The Underwater Room, Pemba, Tanzania.
23. Kakurinbo (Buddhist Temple Guesthouse), Kyoto, Japan.
24. Defiplanet, Dienné, France.
25. Faralda Crane Hotel, Amsterdam.
Any other places that should have been on this list? Feel free to share, please! I love exploring new and undiscovered places around the world. Also check out my other blogs on unique places to stay by country or region starting with these: France | UK | Ireland | Scotland | USA | Argentina | Japan | South pacific | Indonesia & Malaysia | New Zealand | Australia | Italy | Germany | Russia
IN NEED OF CAMPING GEAR? CHECK THESE TENTS OUT! THIS IS WHERE I SHOP FOR MY CAMPING GEAR AND I LOVE IT BECAUSE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH OUTSTANDING!